Lightweight and functional on the go: With the right short-sleeve jersey
Whether you're reeling through several kilometers on a road bike or riding on beautiful trails with a mountain bike, a functional, chic short-sleeve jersey is perfect for summer and warm temperatures. Similar to cycling pants, the right cycling jersey has decisive advantages over normal functionwear.
Is there a such thing as a jersey that is valuable, functional, and chic all at once? Men and women who prefer to travel by bike are guaranteed to find something from Endura, Loeffler, Mavic, Pearl Izumi, or Scott!
What's important about a short cycling jersey
It doesn't matter what kind of bike you're using. The fit, the cut, the material, and the appearance have to be just right!
- The material used in road bike jerseys determines its comfort and workmanship alike. The standard is lightweight, high-performance functionwear with stretch and a form-fitting cut. Sweat is absorbed right from the skin and immediately directed away from it.
- Some mountain bikers do without their long-sleeve jerseys when the weather gets hot. They need a variant that fits more loosely. Only then will their mountain bike jerseys leave enough room for their protectors.
- A hunched posture on the seat is expected. Accordingly, bike jerseys have a longer cut at the back, leaving everything covered. Well-placed jersey pockets are just as important: they store your absolute essentials.
- The front zipper allows you to regulate ventilation when necessary. It's easy to open on rugged uphill passages and it allows excess heat and vapor to escape.
- Good models have a windproof front, reflective elements, and ventilation panels. And of course, they offer excellent performance! Getting down to the nitty-gritty on a bike is physically demanding. That's why you need a cycling jersey with an odor-resistant treatment.
If the temperature gets a bit cooler than expected, practical and lightweight arm sleeves
are an excellent solution. No second set of clothes is needed. These arm sleeves are small enough to store in your jersey pockets. They're immediately on-hand when you need them.