You probably don't need the Canada Goose Snow Mantra Men's Jacket if it occasionally drops down into the 30s where you live, but if you spend time researching penguins at McMurdo Station, sailing around in search of the Northwest Passage, or sitting on park benches during Minneapolis winters, it'll be a lifesaverliterally. Canada Goose touts it as the warmest jacket in the world, and while we can't verify that, we can say that this thigh-length jacket is loaded up with as much 675-fill goose down as any other coat out there, with a water-resistant and tough Arctic Tech shell and down-proof nylon lining to keep the insulation from working its way out. The Snow Mantra's insulated and adjustable tunnel hood has a removable coyote-fur ruff to keep your head and face warm in the harshest weather imaginable, and there's even an insulated elastic hook-and-loop powder skirt and waist drawcord to keep snow, spindrift, and cold air from sneaking up your jacket.
When it's -40, the details can make the difference, and Canada Goose didn't skimp on any of them. A fleece-lined wind guard and storm flap add layers of protection behind the front zipper, while the internal knit cuffs seal tightly around your wrists to block drafts. There are two mesh pouches by the kidneys, which come with biodegradable warmers to produce extra heat, and short hem-to-waist zippers for ventilation and easy pocket access. Speaking of pockets, the Snow Mantra has a few--fleece-lined handwarmer pockets, chest and hand bellows pockets, a sleeve pocket, an ID pocket, a napoleon pocket, and multiple internal pockets to keep penguin treats and emergency gear close at hand. There's a D-ring glove attachment and multiple grab straps, along with reflective tape to keep you nice and visible during nighttime penguin-observation missions.
- Arctic Tech shell with down-proof nylon lining
- 675-fill goose down
- Three-way adjustable tunnel hood with removable coyote-fur ruff
- Insulated elastic hook-and-loop powder skirt
- Fleece-lined windguard and zipper storm flap
- Shoulder grab straps and back webbing grab strap
- Hem-to-waist vent zippers and double-reinforced elbows
- Glove attachment point and reflective tape details
- Two mesh kidney pouches with biodegradable warmers
- Internal rib-knit cuffs and adjustable waist drawcord