Osprey - Mutant 38 - Climbing backpack
- Suitable for:
- Climbing backpack
- Recommended use:
- Mountaineering; Mountain touring; Ice/mixed climbing
- 38 l
- 210D nylon dobby (100% polyamide); 210D triple rip nylon (100% polyamide)
- Carry system:
- Thermoformed HDPE back plate with T6061 aluminum frame (both removable); preformed shoulder straps; Hip belt; Chest strap
- Airscape back pannel (breathable back panel with venting)
- Hydration system:
- Additional compartments:
- Lid pocket with 2 compartments (detachable); 1 hydration bladder compartment
- 1110 g (S/M); 1190 g (M/L)
- Side ski carrier; Carry system for ropes; Helmet attachment; Loops for equipment; Holder for ice axe; Whistle on chest strap
- Item No.:
Every day, every activity
Had this backpack for two years and have been pretty much using it everyday. Super comfy and spacy. Used all winter for skitouring and every day to go to work. Have been camping with this pack and even wintercamping. If you pack it well, everything fits in this pack!
Intentially bought for multipitching, but due to being more bulcky than I thought I have never used it for this purpose. The strapping system for skis works well on the sides, but in fact it is only the tap strand that gets used. I know the otehr straps can be used for compression, but they will get caught by things. In my opinion they could have replaced this by two signle strands.
I am a bit surprised to see the bottom of the pack starting to show big signs of wear eventhough the pack has been rarely used in rough terrain.
toller leichter rucksack. wer gerne viel schnickschnak und firlezanz mag sollte sich einen anderen rucksack kaufen. für mich ist das gewicht wichtig. zudem kann man alles nötige (z.b. eispickel) gut befestigen oder verstauen. ich bin sehr zufrieden!
- Good carry system
- Comfortable to carry
- Good adjustment options
- Recommended use
- Via ferrata
- All around
There are 2 more threads!