Skiing in the backcountry everyday (every safe day, that is) requires some serious ski pants, and The North Face Men's Free Thinker Bib Pant fits your big backcountry bill. A Gore-Tex Pro membrane and fully taped seams give the pant waterproof and breathable protection, and a HyVent membrane with fully taped seams brings waterproof and breathable protection to the bib so your upper doesn't get soggy and sad.
A relaxed fit leaves plenty of room in the Free Thinker for many mid-layers on the coldest days in winter, and the belt loops and waist tabs help you cinch the waist tightly regardless of the amount of layers you have on. Both the bib and the pant have ventilation zippers to let out some steam while you hike up those powder-capped peaks. You can remove the bib and suspenders for a sunny day at the ski resort. The North Face integrated a zipper at the reinforced cuffs to help you pull the pant over your boots, and the stretchy gaiters hook to your boots in order to completely seal out any snow. The cargo pockets feature the Loft Lift System that reduces bulk in ways that cargo pants don't. Water-resistant zippers on the pockets and vents help keep you dry in ways that most ski pants don't.
- Gore-Tex Pro 3-layer pant, fully taped seams
- HyVent 2-layer bib, fully taped seams
- Relaxed fit
- Flap-cover zip inner-thigh vents, center front zip vent
- Reinforced cuffs with cuff-zip gussets
- Removable bib and suspenders
- Stretch gaiter with gripper elastic and boot hook
- Water-resistant zippers on pockets and vents
- Adjustable waist tabs, belt loops with clip-in integration
- Cargo pockets with the Loft Lift System
- Recco receiver
- The North Face Steep Series