It's no fun to have overly clammy hands or frozen fingers, and this versatile glove makes it easy to customize your level of protection for optimal comfort. The Outdoor Research Women's Arete Glove uses a versatile layering concept to provide the appropriate level of hand protection in varying conditions. When conditions are frigid or foul, the nylon shell with a waterproof and windproof Gore-Tex membrane protects against moisture and windchill, and the polyester fleece liner provides insulating warmth and moisture-wicking comfort. If conditions are less extreme and/or you're working up a sweat while engaging in higher-intensity activities, you can wear the removable fleece liner by itself - its silicone palm provides plenty of grip to use effectively with poles and tools. You can also wear the shell glove by itself if you don't need the added fleece insulation, but could benefit from waterproof, windproof protection. The shell features a pre-curved construction which facilitates a more ergonomic fit and freer movement, and the gauntlet closure system makes it quick and easy to cinch down or pull open the cuff.
- Nylon shell with Gore-Tex waterproof/windproof membrane and grip palm
- Removable polyester fleece liner with silicone grip palm
- Pre-curved construction for ergonomic, movement-enhancing fit
- SuperCinch quick and easy gauntlet closure system
- Heat pack pocket on back of liner glove
- Pull loop and carabiner loop
- Nose wipe patch on thumb