Jetboil's new Joule Group Cooking System is the company's largest backpacking stove to date, and its inverted canister design with a fuel regulator provides consistent heat in sub-freezing temperatures. Equipped with a voluminous 2.5-liter cooking vessel and powered by a 10,000 BTU burner, it'll boil soup or water for you and two to four of your friends or family members in less than three minutes (2 minutes and 40 seconds to be exact) when you're spending the night high up on a snowy mountain. The boiling time is almost half of Jetboil's other group cooking system unit (the Sumo), and the burner can be adjusted to simmer liquids as well bring them to a boil. The stove's smart design essentially turns the cooking vessel and burner into one integrated unit; Jetboil's patented FluxRing unites the two pieces, provides a built-in wind barrier, and efficiently draws hot air from the burner to the cooking vessel to enable its very rapid boiling rate. This integrated design, along with a beefier burner unit, also provides excellent stability.
The burner and fuel canister pack into the cooking vessel, and the locking handle on the cooking vessel folds down for a compact transporting size. Considering the stove's ability to feed up to five people, its 6.5x8-inch pack size is relatively compact. Once you've reached your stopping point for the day, stove set-up is a breeze, and doesn't require the special priming steps of much fussier liquid/multi-fuel systems. With one quick push of the Piezo igniter button, light the Joule, and get to work on your gourmet stew amidst stunning natural scenery that would put any four-star restaurant to shame.
- Powered by canister fuel (Jetboil's isobutane/propane blend recommended)
- Larger size for groups of 3-5, but still compact enough for backpack
- Fastest boil time in its category at 2 minutes and 40 seconds
- Easy setup with built-in protection and ability to simmer as well as boil
- Convenient and reliable push-button piezo igniter
- Stable design with FluxRing cooking vessel and burner acting as integrated unit
- Low-maintenance and reliable
- Provides consistent heat to 10 degrees Fahrenheit (-12 degrees Celsius)
- 2.5-liter insulated cooking vessel included
- Fuel canister and Alpinist kit (for extreme climates) sold seperately