This is either an older model or we can or will no longer reorder this product from the manufacturer.
Haglöfs - Grym Jacket - Hardshell jacket
- Suitable for:
- Hardshell jacket
- Gore-Tex Pro 3L (100% polyamide with ePolytetrafluorethylene membrane; DWR)
- Sealed seams:
- via armpit zips
- full length two-way front zip
- two pockets; two Napoleon pockets (all with water repellent zips); Inside pocket
- adjustable; helmet-compatible hood
- 600 g (size L)
- asymmetrical; adjustable sleeve cuffs; adjustable seam with drawstring
- Item No.:
Not for Scottish Storms
I have had this jacket (From another outlet - Apologies Alpinetrek) for about a year after searching for a long jacket.
I am approx 1.85m tall and 98Kg. It is an XL size which does not leave room for a lot of warm clothing underneath.
It is great in windy weather as the hood is well reinforced and does not collapse. It has great pockets and good cuff closure. The pit zips allow rapid cooling as I walk 'hot'.
I have worn the jacket in the Scottish mountains in the cold and snow where it performed well. But recently in the in the Cairngorms and Ben Nevis areas in heavy, driving rain it leaked badly at the pit zips.
I think it would perform better if they used the waterproof zips that other manufacturers use in place of standard zips. This was the only disappointing element to the jacket, but is a fundamental problem in Scottish weather.
- Not waterproof
- Bad zip
- Recommended use
- Ski tours