The gear in Arc‘teryx‘s Alpha Comp collection is designed to help serious alpinists, ice climbers, and ski mountaineers get to the top with all possible speed, and the Alpha Comp Women‘s Softshell Pant is no exception. It features a trim e3D ergonomic fit to avoid catching on ice tools, crampons, and rocks, with a gusseted crotch, gusseted ankle, and a lower-leg zip and drawcord to accommodate a wide range of footwear and keep snow at bay. The waist has an integrated belt for comfort under a harness, while the zippered thigh pocket is also designed to be accessible when you‘re geared up to climb.
Instead of heavy, non-breathable hardshell material, Arc‘teryx opted to build the Alpha Comp using Fortius 1.0 softshell, which breathes and wicks moisture to keep you dry and comfortable when you‘re in the alpine. It also overlaid parts of the pant with a three-layer Gore-Tex reinforcement, which sheds water and stands up to plenty of alpine abuse. The whole pant is finished off with a DWR treatment to repel water further, along with a Keprotec instep patch to resist tears.
- Fortius 1.0 softshell with three-layer laminated Gore-Tex reinforcements
- DWR finish and fully taped seams
- e3D Ergonomic 3-Dimensional patterning
- Gusseted crotch and gusseted, expandable lower leg
- Ankle zip and cuff drawcord
- WaterTight external zippers and snap front fly
- Lined waist with adjustable integrated webbing belt
- Zippered harness-compatible thigh pocket
- Reinforced instep patch